Other Documents

There are numerous other estate planning documents that can be utilized to achieve your goals. Here are just a couple.

Durable Power of Attorney

You can use a durable power of attorney for health care to name someone (your health care agent) to oversee your health care wishes and make any necessary medical decisions for you. You can give your health care agent as much or as little power as feels comfortable to you. Most people give their health care agent comprehensive power to supervise their care.

Recognizing this, the power of attorney permitted by most states (including Michigan) give your agent the authority to make all health care decisions for you unless you specifically place limits on that authority in the document.

Advance Medical Directive

Also known as a “Living Will”, is where you express what you do and do not want in terms of medical care if you are unable to speak for yourself. You don’t need to become a medical expert to complete your document, but it will help you to become familiar with the kinds of medical procedures that are commonly administered to patients who are seriously ill.

  • Life-Prolonging Medical Care
  • Food and Water
  • Palliative Care (Pain Relief)
  • DNR Orders and POLST Forms

With questions about our services, or how we can best serve you, either give us a call at (616) 930-4266 or use the Contact Form below.



Call Now